20 October 2011

Jennifer Hudson - An Incredible Weight Loss Inspiration

At age 29, Jennifer Hudson has accomplished many exciting things in her life.  She is a singer, an actress, a mother, a survivor of a family tragedy and now, a weight loss inspiration!


At an interview with Oprah, Jennifer said that she had lost 80 pounds!  That’s the same as 36 kg!!!  Jennifer became one of the spokesperson for Weight Watchers last year and was able to lose the weight by abandoning her old diet strategies and adopting the Weight Watchers techniques.  She counted Weight Watchers points, ate in moderation and was even allowed to incorporate foods like pizza and ice cream in her diet.
Jennifer is now 10 sizes down from a size 16 to a size 6.  I’m assuming this is American sizes since I can never imagine myself fitting into a size 6 here!

What I find the most inspiring from what Jen had to say at her interview with Oprah was when she said “It’s all about self-motivation because at the end of the day, you can have all the trainers and money in the world, but if you don’t have that mindset, its not possible.”

It’s almost winter, and I know from personal experience that I often neglect regular exercise and eating as healthy as I should be because of extremely creative excuses that I manage to conjure up when times get cold and windy.  This winter my goal is to overcome these excuses and to challenge myself to get into a habit of a healthy lifestyle.
I don’t believe in fitting in a size zero or strive to be under 45kg. My goal is to be healthy and to shape a body that feels good to me.  Who cares about a number?

If there are ladies out there, who want to take the same challenge this winter, feel free to write a blog post updating us on your progress or to share your stories.  I will definitely be doing so :)

No comments:

Post a Comment