20 October 2011

Crackle Nail Polish Hype!!

Ok, so those that know we reasonable well know that I love my nail polishes and that I can get quite picky when it comes to how long it lasts, how many coats is required to achieve the same colour as shown in the bottle, brush shape and size, packaging and all the other little things that you can nip and pick about…  So I recently discovered, (on YouTube…. duh!) that there’s this new nail trend with crackle nail polish.  Now if your first reactions were like me, it would probably be something like this:

“Huh? I’ve been spending all this time trying to preventing my nail polish from chipping after one day and here you come sell me crackle nail polish?…. Like…. WTF? This better be goood or else….”
Well to my surprise, crackle nail polish is sooooooo awesome!!!  Okay okay… Let me calm down a bit… (Takes deep breaths…) I think OPI first started with this whole crackle trend with this baby called OPI Black Shatter.  So how it works is that you apply this like normal nail polish and in a few seconds after application, the nail polish begins to crack.  Sounds horrid?  Well if you apply a different colour underneath, say… my favourite colour turquiose, then it really starts getting interesting…  Don’t believe me?  Well take a look at this pictures and let me know your thoughts :)

The only OPI nail thing-ma-jig I own is the OPI Avoplex Replenishing Oil because as you may all know, OPI is quite pricey in our beautiful country.  But I might pay for the Black Shatter if I find myself unable to resist temptation or in desperate need of some retail therapy after exams ;)
  
 Apparently OPI only has the black crackle nail polish, but China Glaze (yet another brand that has not found its way to South African shores yet, I think) has a variety of colours.  Just looking at these pictures already makes me feel all giddy inside.  Seems like not only do I have a makeup addiction problem, but I’ll soon need to join a Nail Addiction Anonymous group too :P

Oh beau-beautiful beauties, why art thou so far?

LOL, ok enough about my obsession, what do you ladies think? Yay or nay? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment