29 November 2011

Hong Kong: Sasa Beauty Haul!

Sasa is one of the most popular beauty supplies stores in Hong Kong. Any beauty product fanatic would literally be in heaven in this store! It has so many different kinds and types of beauty products you can literally browse for hours on end! I always get so indecisive when I visit Sasa (explains why I hang around for so long) because there are 100s of products to choose from. They sell all the regular international brands such as Maybelline, Revlon, Loreal but they also stock brands like iNuovi, a cosmetic brand from Singapore, Talika from France, and loads of korean and japanese makeup. Sasa has become so big that they even deliver internationally now (not sure whether it delivers to South Africa because I usually ask my mom to buy the goodies for me and bring it when she visits), but it is worth it to take a look at the website to compare how much more we are paying for high end brands like Dior, Lancome and the like in comparison! The prices should be in Hong Kong dollars which is similar to the Rand when you exchange it (depending on whether the Rand is being volatile or not). So check Sasa out www.sasa.com if you're interested :)

I went there today and picked up a few goodies. The individual products weren't expensive at all, but because of the amount I bought, it added up to around R620!! I almost fell over! But this is going to last me a while and I won't need beauty products for the next few months :) I thought I would share this for those who will visit Hong Kong in the future, or is looking to buy from their website.

So these are all the goodies I purchased from Sasa. I haven't used any of them yet, since I just bought them today, but as I start using them I will be posting reviews of each individual product.


1. Talika Lipocils Expert
Talika Lipocils Expert is a lashing growing serum that promises to help your lashes grow 36% longer, 50% darker and 50% curlier. I've used other Talika products before, including the conditioning serum and I wanted to try this out as well. Previously, I tried the Yumei Lash Conditioning Serum and my lashes grew quite a bit. My lashes are definitely much longer and more visible in photos. It comes with a foam applicator (similar to lipgloss packaging) and a mascara brush. According to the directions, you're suppose to use the foam applicator to apply the product at the root of the lashes and then use the mascara brush to apply the product to the lashes. It recommends applying on cleansed eyelashes, before applying any makeup and that you use this product twice a day, morning and evening to see results. This product was quite pricey (in comparison to the other products I bought), it costs around R148 and I got the mini version to see whether it would work before I bought the full sized one.

2. Japanese Eyelid Tape
I bought these eyelid tape for those days when my eyes are swollen and I need some help in the double eyelid department. I know eyelid tape is quite a controversial topic, but I'd rather use this than risk doing plastic surgery. I've used these tapes before. In my opinion, they have worked the best in comparison to the others I've used. They are sticky on both sides and I usually cut them in half because they are too long. The only annoying thing about these eyelid tapes is the unnecessary silver section that you need to pull off before application. These retail for around R24.

3. EOS Lip Balm in Honeysuckle Honeydew Some of you may recognise this product if you watch alot of makeup tutorials on youtube. I first saw this in one of Michelle Phan's videos and I immediately fell for the packaging. It is shaped in a cute, egg shape (never thought an egg shape could be so cute!) packaging. It is a 100% natural and 95% organic product and comes in 3 different flavours. I bought the one in "Honeysuckle Honeydew" because it smelt delicious.Can't wait to open this and use it!This retailed for R38

4. Heavy Rotation Glamorous Lip in Vanilla
I bought this because the lips on the package looks soooo pretty! (Damn why do I always fall for the images when I know they have been photoshopped...) From the packaging it looks like a pretty nude shade that you apply from the tube to your lips. What I liked was the brush tip that spreads the product on your lips. I love nudes because I always prefer to keep the lips plain and simple and amp up the eyes instead.

I think any girl who loves nude would love this. Seems like a good option to buy for  girls who tend to have dry lips like me, since many nude lipsticks can highlight dry skin on the lips.




5. Sasatinnie Waterproof Retractable Eye Definer 
I bought this pencil eyeliner in Brown because I wanted a more subtle liner to wear to work next year. I thought that this was a great beauty buy because it was super affordable, is waterproof and highly pigmented. There is also a built in sharpener to sharpen the pencil. I think Sasatinnie is a brand launched by Sasa itself, so I'm curious to try it out. According to the packaging it is manufactured in Germany. This product only retailed for R39.


6. Belle Madame Waterproof Eye Quickliner in No. 1 Very BlackBelle Madame is a Japanese brand and I bought this because a girl can never have enough eyeliner (sounds emo I know) but eyeliner is one of my favourite and must-have products. It can dramatically change the shape of your eyes and if I could only have one makeup product in my life, it would be eyeliner. I bought this because this pencil looks like it is easily smudgable and because it is very black! It also states that it is waterproof so I'm curious to see whether the product lives up to what it claims. Again, the packaging got me... This set me back by R29 only :) I was very tempted to buy two!!!! But I resisted... *sad face...

7. Heavy Rotation Marker Pen Eyeliner in Super Black
I wanted to buy a liquid liner because the one that I was using (Smashbox's Limitless Liquid Liner Pen in Jet Black) is finished and even though I have black gel liner, I always prefer to have a liquid liner at hand. The reason being that with gel liner, you have to constantly wash the brush every day and it may get quite tedious when you're busy. I bought this because it states that it lasts for up to 24 hours and the liner is super black. This retailed for R72.




8. Sasatinnie Super Dolly Heated Eyelash Curler
I bought an additional heated eyelash curler because the one I currently have looks like it is going to give up on my any second. This one only costs R52!! Which is a heck load cheaper than if you had to buy a heated lash curler in South Africa! This is a definite must-have product for girls with lashes that don't curl easily. It works the best when you use this after you've applied your mascara. All you do is wait a bit for the lash curler to heat up, and apply it to the base of your lashes to help it curl upwards. Works like a bomb!


9. Fairydrops Mascara
Fairydrops is a Japanese makeup brand and I've heard their mascara being mentioned a few times on youtube. I thought I would try this since it promises to give volume, extra curl without clumping, which is exactly what I need. From the packaging it appears that the brush is quite interesting. I definitely hope that it lives up to what it claims! Can't read japanese so I can't tell whether it is waterproof. But the packaging is quite adorable. This retails for R88.

10. Mentholatum Lip Therapy
The final product isn't as glam as the other products, but I wanted to try this because my lips have been very dry lately. I thought I would try this because it contains quite a number of ingredients that is hydrating and moisturising, namely aloe vera, chamomilla recutita flower oil, mentol, eucalyptus and globulus leaf oil which all nourish the lips. In addition, it contains olive oil, shea butter, squalane and almond oil for long lasting care. This retailed for R22.60 so I thought it would be nice to try.



That's my Sasa beauty haul! Don't think I can afford to purchase anymore products. From now on I'm just going to try my best to ignore all Sasa shops...  (eeeekkkk!) There were so many other things I would have loved to try but I had to pick what I wanted to try the most. So let me know which products appeal to you the most :) I would love to hear what you think of my haul.




6 comments:

  1. Fabulous Haul Chloe! I know those EOS Lip Balms. I always see them on the Youtube hauls. :) The Fairydrops Mascara looks so cute. Love the packagaing on that. But my fave thing is probably the heated eyelash curler. Thanks for the cool post. I love hauls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chicara :) I'm glad you enjoyed it! Love reading your comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phew! I want to see your make-up kit!! If this was one buy, you must have loads of stuff!I never looked at make-up in China, only became more interested when I got home! Hope you enjoying Hong Kong :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA! :) my makeup collection has grown over time. I need a makeup storage thingy but haven't found a good one yet. Found some nice plastic drawers for makeup here but won't be able to travel with it back =/ Thanks Taz!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love sasa too! last time i went to HK i would always go to SASA like everyday! hAHAH i also bought the eos balm in melon and the heavy rotation nude lippy (unfortunately didn't suit me). i also just recently ordered the fairydrops mascara from the website! hope it lives up to all the rave from other beauty bloggers :) thanks for the cool haul post!
    > www.allurebeautyspot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! :) How did you find the mascara? Mine finished and I asked my mom to buy me another one. But she said they have a different Fairydrops. The packaging is light pink and it doesn't work as well as the magenta packaged one :( It doesn't hold curls at all :( sadness.. hope you had better luck!

      Delete